So, since I got my monthly Birchbox in the mail yesterday, I’m using this first post to fill everyone in who isn’t already aware of the wonder that is Birchbox! LOVE!!!! First of all, a little background. Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that sends you a box of deluxe samples of amazing beauty products once a month. You fill out a profile with all your personal beauty info and preferences, and for $10 a month you get a little box of fun surprises shipped free to you (and who doesn’t like to get fun stuff in the mail, right?!). They also have a shop on their website that allows you to buy full-size versions of the products that are featured in the boxes. You get a point for every dollar that you spend (which includes the monthly subscription fee), and ten points every time you give feedback on a sample you received in your box each month. For every 100 points, you get $10 to spend on full-size products in the shop. This is my third box, and I’m already close to 300 points! The samples they send you are based on things like your skin tone and type, hair color and type, and personal preferences, so you always get things you can actually use! Ok, so now that you have a little background info, let me break down the awesomeness of my latest box.
In every box, you get about 4-6 products. Here’s what I got:
1. Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream: This stuff is awesome!! It’s a super concentrated skin cream that you can use for ANYTHING! Super dry hands, cuticles, rough heels, even lips and face! I used it on my feet (it’s summertime and I like to be barefoot, so you can imagine how rough my feet get). They are now baby soft. Sah-weet. It’s a little expensive, but the beauty of Birchbox is that they feature products for all budgets and all tastes, and you rack up points so fast that if you like something that’s a little out of your price range, you can use your points to get it! The sample is enough to last a few uses, especially since it’s super concentrated, so you don’t need to use much. Full-size version is $16, and honestly, I think its worth the money because it will last a long time.
2. Eyeko Fat Eye Stick: First of all, if this was a sample, the full-size must be massive! This seemed like a full-size product to me! This thing will last a while (as has my sample of Color Club nail polish from my first box, and my Stila Sparkly liquid liner from my second….freaking awesome.) It’s a great product that goes on so smooth, and is super versatile. You can use it to line you lids, smudge it out, or use it to add depth to shadow.
3. Borghese Bagno di Vita body soak: Ok, so I haven’t tried this yet, but I’m excited about it! Side note, I love that when they send you a sample of something that comes in a one time use packet as this does, they send at least 2. I might try this after my morning swim, since it says that it soothes tired muscles.
4. theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac: Awesome lip and cheek stain!! And again, this sample should give me quite a few uses! The color is not too dark (of course, they send shades based on your skin tone), and it lasts! Also, doesn’t have the greasy feel that some stains do.
5. Luna Bar: Luna Bars are good, so this was just a fun little treat! And I had never tried the flavor they sent me, which was chocolate peppermint stick. Mmmmmm, tasty.
SO, Birchbox is freaking awesome. I haven’t been disappointed at all by any of my boxes, and I doubt I will be. Everyone should give it a little try. Maybe you’ll love it too!
Spreading the LOVE,